Fluxuan Forum

Fluxuan Linux, small, fast 32 / 64 bit Operating System.

You are not logged in.

#1 28-05-2024 11:33:00

Fluxuan
Administrator
Website
LinuxFirefox 537.36

How to Install Fluxuan Linux on a Partition with DUAL BOOT

First Download Fluxuan Linux - > https://fluxuan.org/download-fluxuan]

Choose one of the 32 or 64 BIT latest release

Create bootable USB with:   Rufus  if you are on Windows -> https://rufus.ie
                                              dd if you are on linux 

sudo dd if=fluxuan_daedalus_5.0.6_amd64.iso of=/dev/sdX conv=fsync status=progress

Plug in your bootable USB / CD / DVD etc.
Now every Computer is different / when starting will display a message to select where to BOOT from on my Laptop is F12 key / on your read the message when Boots
Select to boot from USB or what is your created bootable device that you picked to use and hit ENTER.

You will be greated by Grub with Fluxuan, you may hit ENTER to proceed or wait tor the seconds to pass and it will go by itself !

mini_boot.png

Once Fluxuan Booted UP you will see the Welcome Message - MINIMIZE WINDOW.

OPEN TERMINAL and run

lsblk 

so you can see what is available and what partition you want to use .
I have highlighted what i will use .
( First Partition is for SWAP second is already installed Fluxuan , you may have other OS , third will be my target  )

mini_show-part.png

I Know my target now so i can close the terminal Raise up Welcome Screen and click Install-Fluxuan

mini_welcom-sc.png

When You click Install-Fluxuan a Terminal window will start with the installer Welcome Screen.
Just Hit ENTER.

mini_fluxuan-installer-welcome.png

Select a DRIVE from the next menu list using UP and DOWN arrows on your KEYBOARD and press ENTER.

mini_drv.png

In the next menu list you will have 2 options - 1 Install Fluxuan | 2 Install Fluxuan on existing partition.
I want to install Fluxuan on a Partion so i press DOWN arrow to select OPTION 2 and hit ENTER-> Install Fluxuan on existing Partition

mini_partitioning.png

You will see a menu to select the desired Partition in my case will be /dev/vda3 as i seen and choose from the start.

mini_select-part.png

You will see Fluxuan Formating and preparing partition then Install on your Drive.

mini_installing-system.png

Now is time to input desired HOSTNAME in my case will leave default you can use backspace to delete and write what you want and hit ENTER

mini_choose-hostname.png

Next you can select your Timezone use UP DOWN arrows and ENTER.

mini_time-date-tzdata.png

mini_time-date-tzdata2.png

Next Choose Language -UP DOWN arrows SPACE selects if you want multiple Languages TAB to jump on OK button and ENTER

mini_Location-Language.png

mini_Location-Language2.png

Now let`s select our Keyboard , by now you probably got used to UP DOWN ENTER so go on

mini_keyboard.png

Pick a ROOT PASSWORD

mini_pick-a-root-password.png

Input Desired USERNAME

mini_your-preffered-username.png

Pick a password for your USENAME

mini_pick-password-for-username.png

After Finish screen will appear just hit ENTER and the Installer will close.

mini_finish-inst.png

Now I know Fluxuan is installed on my vda3 partition now let`s create Dual Booting.
Boot into your main Operating System ( LINUX ).
Open File manager and click to mount the partition you have installed Fluxuan on enter password when requested i use pcmanfm.

mini_mount-fx-part.png

Open Terminal and check if os-prober is installed .

sudo os-prober

You should get a reply like the next picture if it is installed , if not you can install it by running

sudo apt install os-prober

or what package-manager you have

mini_check-os-prober.png

Now we have to enable it in grub configuration so in Terminal run the next command and remove "#" from "#GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=false"
It should look like in the next picture.

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

Use CTRL+O to save and CTRL+X to close nano after editing
mini_os-prober-enabled.png

Now we can run

sudo update-grub

mini_update-grub-conf.png

Next open again grub configuration and restore "#"

sudo nano /etc/default/grub

Use CTRL+O to save and CTRL+X to close nano after editing

mini_enable-os-prober.png

Now reboot your Operating system and you will see in the Grub Menu the new Fluxuan on Partition /dev/vda3 in my case choose and hit ENTER

mini_boot-fluxuan-from-part.png

I hope this HOW-TO will help and for any issues post a new TOPIC in the INSTALLATION section.
THANK you for being there.

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] ClaudeBot

Board footer